Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Story Behind Monday's Tree

Every Monday, I sit in a meeting room that has windows on three sides of its walls. Outside one of the windows is a tree. Well, there are many trees. But this one, in particular, catches my eye every week.

I suspect it's the time of day and the position of the sun during these meetings that make this scene so beautiful. It doesn't matter what time of year it it, this scene - with the tree and sky behind it - always looks so interesting to me. The clouds are often fluffy and have just the right amount of light bouncing off of them. On the rare occasion that there are no clouds, the perfectly blue sky makes a brilliant backdrop for the tree's green leaves, or its colorful leaves, or its dry, brown branches.

So, I decided I would bring my camera to work with me every Monday and take a picture of this tree. I'll post the picture every week so that we can enjoy watching the ever-changing seasons and the effects they have on Monday's Tree.

1 comment: